Security System for Small Business
Choosing the Right Security System for Small Business Use
When it comes to selecting a security system for small business purposes, there are many factors to consider.
There are a lot of different options, and each option has its own strengths and unique benefits. By understanding these benefits – as well as any potential drawbacks – you can make the right choice for your company.
Understanding Different Security System Options
There are various different ways to protect your small business. However, some of the most common are:
- Alarm Systems
- Alarm systems are designed to alert you (or the authorities) to a crime that has happened. Some alarm systems simply sound a loud tone, while others are designed to contact the business owner or even the police directly.
- However, what all alarms have in common is that they draw attention to a crime that is already occurring. An alarm system isn’t able to spot a suspicious situation and prevent a crime from taking place.
- Unmonitored Surveillance Cameras
- Much like alarm systems, unmonitored surveillance cameras are mostly used after a crime has already been committed. For instance, security footage could be used to determine what happened at a scene, what was stolen or damaged, and to potentially identify those responsible.
- However, criminals can make it tough to identify them by wearing masks, hoods, or scarves over their faces. Since the cameras are usually only viewed after a crime has occurred, it may be difficult to catch those responsible once they have left the scene.
- Security Guards
- Security guards are a more proactive type of protection. Guards can walk throughout a property and spot potentially suspicious situations. They can react to resolve these issues before they turn into crimes.
- However, security guards cannot be everywhere at once. At most properties, having enough guards to protect the entire site 24/7 can get very costly.
- In addition, there are some situations where security guards can be overwhelmed or even intimidated or threatened by criminals. This can be quite dangerous.
- Live Remote Monitoring
- A live remote monitoring system involves using cameras, two-way speakers, and other security tools to watch over a business 24/7. The system is monitored by trained professional security agents.
- A major advantage to using this type of system is that agents can see situations as they develop and interject to prevent a crime. For example, a security agent who sees someone lurking outside your business could use the two-way speakers to communicate with the person and inform them that if they do not leave the property, the authorities will be contacted.
- Not only will this sort of interaction likely deter the criminal, but if the police need to be contacted, the agent can do so while the criminal is still on the scene. Since police will know that there is an active situation in progress, they may place a higher priority on the call.
- Since agents are responding remotely, they cannot be intimidated or threatened by criminals. Regardless of the conditions, agents will be able to do their jobs and protect your property.
- While security guards usually make their rounds throughout a business, reviewing the situation in one area at a time, live monitoring agents can watch over an entire property at once. This prevents criminals from scouting out the situation and acting when they know the guards are in another area.
- In many cases, protecting a property with live remote monitoring is a more cost-effective option than using guards.
When trying to determine the security system for small business protection at your company, it’s important to review all the available options, understand their strengths and weaknesses, and decide based on what works best for you.
Live remote video monitoring is a powerful and cost-effective alternative to security guards.
Finding the Right Security System for Small Business Protection
It’s important to remember that not all businesses are equal. Your small business is unique, and you have your own security considerations to keep in mind. Of course, you also need to keep an eye on your budget.
The team at Birdseye Security Solutions works with businesses in a wide variety of different industries to provide high-quality and cost-effective security. For more information on our offerings and how we can help keep your company safe and secure, please do not hesitate to contact us today.