Table of Contents
- 1 Miami, Florida Video Monitoring Security Strategies that Work
- 1.1 How to Improve Video Monitoring Security Solutions in Miami Florida
- 1.2 Making the Right Choice for Security Monitoring in Miami & Area
- 1.3 Choosing the right Security Service for my Business? – Making the Right Choice
- 1.4 Understanding Security Systems & Finding the Right One For You
- 1.5 The Difference Between Active and Reactive Security Systems
- 1.6 Solving the Search for “Remote Video Surveillance Near Me”
How to Improve Video Monitoring Security Solutions in Miami Florida
Keeping a company safe requires the right security solution and the right strategy. One proven way to improve security is to use video monitoring. Having the right Miami video monitoring security solution can be the difference between a secure business and one that is vulnerable to criminals.
But which solution is the right one? Which strategy will keep your company safe? To determine this, it’s a good idea to look at all the alternatives. That can help you understand which solutions and strategies are right for you and which won’t work for your business.
Alarm systems are a common type of security. They are available in several types. Some are designed to make noise and draw attention to a crime in progress. Some are connected to a central station that is informed when the alarm is activated. Others are designed to directly call security guards or the police.
One thing that all of these types of alarms have in common is that they only act once a crime is already in progress. An alarm system will sound when a window is broken or a sensor is triggered, but it’s often too late at this point. By the time the alarm sounds, the crime is already in progress.
Unmonitored Security Cameras
Another type of security is surveillance cameras. There are two distinct types of cameras and the difference between them is important. Unmonitored cameras are not actively watched by security professionals. Some are viewed occasionally while others are only looked at when there is an issue. In some setups, cameras only record footage when sometime specific happens, such as unexpected motion in a certain area.
In general, unmonitored surveillance security cameras have many of the same issues as alarm systems. They provide most of their value once a crime is already happening. While surveillance camera footage can be useful in investigations or for liability purposes after an incident, it does not stop criminals from striking in the first place.
Plus, most criminals know that they can wear hoods or masks and avoid being identified on camera, so the footage may not help police either.
Security guards are a more active type of security. Unlike alarm systems and unmonitored cameras, security guards can react to situations and work to prevent crimes from happening or situations from escalating. For example, a guard may notice someone acting suspicious around the perimeter of a property and investigate, deterring the criminal before they can cause any damage.
However, there are potential drawbacks with security guards as well. One is that guards cannot be everywhere at once. If, in the situation described above, a guard investigates a situation at the perimeter of a property, they won’t be able to watch the rest of the site. Even if an organization hires multiple guards, it usually isn’t logistically possible for them to see the entire property at once.
There also tends to be a significant cost associated with hiring enough guards to sufficiently secure a property, especially at large sites.
Another possible issue is that guards may potentially face harm when dealing with criminals. This is especially true if intruders are armed.
Live Remote Video Monitoring
When it comes to Miami video monitoring security solutions, live monitoring has many unique advantages. One of the most prominent is that security cameras can be positioned so that agents can view the entire property. Remote agents do not have to walk throughout a property to see what’s happening.
They will not have to take their eyes off one area to deal with another. If something suspicious happens, remote security agents can use two-way speakers, lighting, and other tools to intervene and work to resolve the situation before it becomes more serious.
If a crime does occur, agents can contact the police immediately. When police receive this call, they will know that a verified crime is taking place and may consider the situation to be a higher priority.
For more information on Miami video monitoring security services, and details on how these systems can protect your property, please contact Birdseye Security Solutions today. As a North American leader in security and facility monitoring, we’re here to help.
TRUE REMOTE VIDEO SURVEILLANCE: THE BIRDSEYE ADVANTAGE
Making the Right Choice for Security Monitoring in Miami & Area
When you’re looking at business security options, you’ll soon find that there are a lot of choices available. If you’re trying to figure out which service is right for you, it’s a good idea to compare the strengths and potential weaknesses of each option and use this information to decide. If you’re considering security monitoring in Miami and area, this process is certainly a good one to follow.
Here is some information that will help you make your decision and find the right security for your business.
What Security Monitoring Does Well
A major reason for the popularity of security monitoring Miami and beyond is because these tools have many strengths. To understand what a remote monitoring service does well, it’s first important to understand how it works. In short, live remote monitoring systems work by having cameras installed in and around a property.
This lets trained remote security teams monitor the cameras 24/7 and get a full picture of everything happening at your property.
The ability to see everything at all times is a significant advantage that live security monitoring holds over other services.
Another aspect that remote cameras handle well is that they make it possible for agents to intervene in a situation as soon as they see it developing. For instance, if agents notice someone acting suspicious at your site, they can react using two-way speakers, lights, or other tools to deter the criminal.
This is a key advantage, as preventing a crime before it happens means less damage to your property and fewer disruptions for your business.
It’s also important to note that remote monitoring agents can provide services beyond stopping criminals. For instance, agents can be responsible for access control, concierge services, parking assignments, protocol enforcement, and much more. Using live monitoring for these services keeps properties safe, secure, and operating efficiently.
Comparing Live Monitoring to Other Services
There are several other choices when it comes to security. As mentioned, it’s a good idea to look at all the available options before you decide how you’re going to protect your business.
Live remote video monitoring is a powerful and cost-effective alternative to security guards.
Some other security options include:
- Alarm systems
- Unmonitored surveillance cameras
- Traditional onsite security guards
When comparing these options to security monitoring Miami and beyond, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Live remote monitoring is an active security option. This means it can be used to spot suspicious situations and agents can react to them right away. Alarm systems and unmonitored cameras cannot do this. They may alert you to a crime in progress or provide evidence of a crime that has already happened, but they don’t prevent the crime in the first place.
- Live video monitoring cameras also cover the entirety of a property. Unlike guards, who may walk around a property but cannot possibly see all of it at once, remote agents can view everything that happens at a site at all times.
- In addition, remote monitoring agents cannot be threatened or overwhelmed by armed criminals or by a large group. No matter the conditions, the monitoring agents will be able to do their jobs.
- If a crime does occur, agents can communicate with the police in real time. This lets them know what’s going on at the scene and tells them that it’s an active situation, not a false alarm. In these situations, police may place a higher priority on the call since they know that criminals are still on site.
Choosing the right Security Service for my Business? – Making the Right Choice
An important thing to keep in mind is that each property is different. There is no “one size fit all” solution that can be used at all sites without adjustments. When you work with a company for security monitoring in Miami and area, make sure you select an organization that understands this.
Having a solution designed for your property will be significantly more effective and provide much stronger security.
If you’re looking for security monitoring in Miami and area, you probably have some questions. We can help. With years of experience in providing remote security and facility supervision, we understand what it takes to keep properties safe and secure. Contact us today to speak with a member of our team.
We’ll answer any questions you may have and help you make the right choice for your security needs.
MIAMI CRIME DATA
MIAMI CRIME INDEX
100 is safest
Safer than 6% of US cities.
Understanding Security Systems & Finding the Right One For You
If you’re searching for “surveillance near me” and trying to learn about the options for security systems in Mami and area, you’ve likely encountered a lot of information. In fact, the search can sometimes be a bit overwhelming. There are so many options out there and so many different types of security that it’s often tough to know which is right for you.
The good news is that, once you learn about the various security options, their advantages and drawbacks become more obvious and that can help you make your choice. Here are a few things about security systems that you’ll want to know.
The Difference Between Active and Reactive Security Systems
In general, most security tools can be divided up into two categories: active and reactive. This is true for all the available security systems in Miami and area. Active systems can be used to notice situations that are developing at a property and respond to them. The goal of these systems is to prevent situations from escalating.
Crime is costly for many reasons. When criminals break into a property, they don’t care about what damage they cause. This means they’ll break down doors, shatter windows, cut fences, and smash gates if they have to. Even if they aren’t able to steal anything from a property, they’ll still cause significant damage in their attempts.
This means you’ll need to spend time and money on repairs. If a crime is stopped before it actually begins, you’ll avoid these hassles and expenses.
Two common security solutions that are considered to be active solutions are traditional onsite security guards and live remote monitoring services.
- Onsite security guards can walk throughout a property and potentially notice situations before they turn into crimes. For instance, they may see that a person is hiding beside a door, waiting for a chance to break in. If this happens, guards can walk over and ask the person to leave the property, preventing a crime.
- Monitored security systems achieve the same goal. When a live monitoring station is installed, it is designed so that remote security professionals can see every part of a property at all times. Two-way speakers, lighting, and other sensors are also part of a typical setup. These tools let remote agents interact with the site. For instance, if security agents notice someone acting suspicious, they can communicate with the site and inform the person if that if they do not leave the property, the police will be called. This will prevent a crime from happening.
- An advantage that remotely monitored security systems have over onsite guards is that remote agents can see an entire property. With guards, even if many are on the site at once, it is nearly impossible for them to see every inch of a site at once. Plus, the expense associated with this large number of guards can soon become prohibitively high.
Reactive security systems are typical alarm systems and unmonitored surveillance cameras. These tools cannot take action to intervene and they only function to alert people to a crime after it has occurred (in the case of an alarm system) or record evidence of a crime that has already happened (such as with unmonitored security cameras).
Solving the Search for “Remote Video Surveillance Near Me”
If you’re looking for security systems in Miami and area, learning the differences between active and reactive systems is important. In general, active systems not only provide better security but they can also save a company money, since they prevent crimes – and the damage caused by criminals – from happening at all.
Specifically, remote video monitoring is a strong choice for business owners or those who manage or operate commercial or industrial sites. When every inch of your property is protected, the result is a safer and more secure site.
For more information on remote video monitoring and how it can keep your location safe, please do not hesitate to contact us today. With years of experience in remote monitoring and facility supervision, we can help you find the right security systems for your property. Trust our team to keep your site safe.